PDA

View Full Version : Install Problem For Escape From Monkey Island

Authorman
02-06-2006, 09:49 PM
I know this game isn't even remotely abandoned, but this is the only site I could think of to post at and get a solution. When I launch the installer (original legit cd), it goes through half of the install shield and then gives this error message:

Setup requires _SETUP.DLL and _ISRES.DLL (located in _SETUP.LIB) in order to operate properly. Please ensure these files are located with SETUP.EXE

I run winxp with perfectly adequate hardware to run games like CoD2 and the like, so it isn't that I'm underpowered. I've tried running the installer from the autolaunch and from setup.exe, no luck. I've tried to run the syscheck.exe in the same folder, but it crashes after reading a CPU output of 0 (WTF?). This is the first time I've tried to install it on this pc.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks,
Authorman

_r.u.s.s.
02-06-2006, 11:02 PM
L o l

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Authorman @ Jun 2 2006, 09:49 PM) 233947</div>
Setup requires _SETUP.DLL and _ISRES.DLL (located in _SETUP.LIB) in order to operate properly. Please ensure these files are located with SETUP.EXE (http://www.google.sk/search?hl=sk&q=Setup+requires+_SETUP.DLL+and+_ISRES.DLL+%28loca ted+in+_SETUP.LIB%29+in+order+to+operate+properly. +Please+ensure+these+files+are+located+with+SETUP. EXE&btnG=H%C4%BEada%C5%A5&meta=)
[/b]

The Fifth Horseman
05-06-2006, 04:04 PM
I don't see what is so funny. Typing phrases right into Google doesn't always work, so it's not surprising he didn't think of that.

Also, this error message would have me checking for disc damage / drive malfunction rather then software problems.

_r.u.s.s.
05-06-2006, 09:44 PM
i didn't say that typing phrases always works but he didn't probably try and EVEN the whole phrase he wrote gave the first good result

Authorman
06-06-2006, 07:22 PM
I assume by first result you mean this one (http://web.intuit.com/support/quicken/98/win/1583.html) which doesn't apply in my circumstance because the installshield won't even open past 46%. I'm still stumped, but here's what I've tried so far:

1. Clearing out windows/temp - No effect
2. Copying the CD to the hard drive and then running install - No effect
3. Copying _SETUP.LIB to install folder - No effect
4. Trying all four compatibility mode settings (Win95, Win98/Me, WinNT4.0, Win2000) with setup.exe - No effect

Also here's some more info, if it is helpful. My operating system is XP Home Service Pack 1, my cpu is Athlon XP2400+ at 1.99GHz with 512MB RAM.

Finally, I noticed running over the files in the install directory there is no _ISRES.DLL, however I figured by the error message it was in _SETUP.LIB.

Authorman

The Fifth Horseman
07-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Try getting an extra hard drive and install Windows 98 on it. See if the game will run on that.