PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Of Might And Magic Iv...

Eagle of Fire
23-10-2004, 01:45 AM
... stands for one of the worst game I ever played. :not_ok:

Titan
23-10-2004, 04:08 AM
*agree* :cry:

The Niles
23-10-2004, 02:14 PM
I like it. In fact I think it is the best one of the lot. I like the fact that the hero fights along and the balance (the achilies heel of all the games) is better in this game then in any other.

Fenris
23-10-2004, 02:50 PM
Yep, HOMM IV is in many ways superior to its predecessors. It is just a shame that they needed such a long time to include the multiplayer mode.

Braindead
23-10-2004, 03:25 PM
I like it too, but I prefer HOMM3 because my crappy pc is too slow to play HOMM4... :Titan:

Mr.Peskapoe
23-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Its different than its 3 predecessors, thats for sure. I for one view that as a good thing, although I think HOMM 3 was just as good I'd rather have a completely new game rather than a mere graphical update.

wormpaul
23-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Part 4 isnt that weak...only not as good as part 3...

Hopefully part 5 will make it all clear...HOMM is just brilliant :bleh:

The Niles
23-10-2004, 07:32 PM
There will not be a part 5. It was in the works when 3DO went under and production stopped at that time obviously. I have not heard of anyone picking up the title so right now Heroes of Might and Magic is a dead series. The reason we can upload the games onto abandonia now.

wormpaul
23-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Nope..

as far as i heard it...HOMM serie is bought by a new company (sorry...cant remember names...) and they were working on a new part of it...

So lets hope it will ever be released..and still got the same magic feeling as in the old days...

But it`s probally bought by a small company so maybe it will be a really low budget game :not_ok:

The Niles
23-10-2004, 09:58 PM
I have done some digging and it turns out there is a rumour about this. Nival, a russian game developer is supposed to be making it but there is nothing on their site about it. It is nothing but a rumour for now.

Braindead
24-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Btw did anyone try the hereoes 3 unofficial expansion "In the wake of gods" also known as WOG or HOMM 3.5.
It features a whole new set of campaigns but I wasn't quite able to finish one of them... :(

The WoG brings a lot of changes to the game that are different from those in SoD:
script language for Event Related Model *ERM* that lets you change the function of any object on a map;
new Heroes' specialities;
new Monsters;
new unique creatures - God representatives;
new artifacts;
new dwellings;
new objects of different nature;
new decorations;
new unique animated decorations;
ability to change a view of the map during the game (for example season changes);
ability to set a custom hero' s portrait;
ability to incorporate customisable dialogue for maps;
ability to incorporate new pictures and videos for maps;

Homepage: http://www.strategyplanet.com/homm/wog/

Titan
24-10-2004, 05:11 AM
http://www.strategyplanet.com/homm/wog/img/stuff/bask.gif

:wall:

wormpaul
24-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Braindead@Oct 24 2004, 01:49 AM
Btw did anyone try the hereoes 3 unofficial expansion "In the wake of gods" also known as WOG or HOMM 3.5.
It features a whole new set of campaigns but I wasn't quite able to finish one of them... :(

Homepage: http://www.strategyplanet.com/homm/wog/
Thx for this expansion...

Looks very good and Homm 3 is still such a good game :ok:

We got great memners here :angel:

Omuletzu
26-10-2004, 07:03 PM
HoMM 3 WoG is a great game, in many ways better than the original one.There are just so many great and innovative features :ok: HoMM IV is good but not as time consuming as the other ones... in other words it's not so addictive as the other ones IMO.But the best game in the series is by far HoMM 2.That game is simply brilliant.
So for me the series would be like:
HoMM 1:Great
HoMM 2:Exceptional
HoMM 3:Great(WoG - above great but not exceptional)
HoMM 4:Good, but could have been better

The second one(and the first one to some extend) had a certain feeling that the successors lost along the way... i guess it's just that beautiful dos graphic!

PS About Nival: It's the company that developed the great game Rage of Mages
It also produced Silent Storm, so i think that HoMM is in good hands! :kosta: ^_^

wormpaul
27-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Omuletzu@Oct 26 2004, 07:03 PM
HoMM 3:Great(WoG - above great but not exceptional)

Damm...for that WOG you need also shadows of death..

And that`s the only part i was missing :not_ok:

Yamcha
27-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Heroes IV is awful the best for me is WOG cuz its almost Heroes IV but the engine of Heroes III

Braindead
29-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Omuletzu@Oct 26 2004, 07:03 PM
HoMM 3 WoG is a great game, in many ways better than the original one.There are just so many great and innovative features :ok:
I was impressed by the music and the background on the main page alone :)

Were you able to finish all WOG campaigns?

Omuletzu
05-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Well actually i dind't play the campaigns on any version of heroes(!)... i just skip over the boring part of the game(campaign) and play scenarios :max:

Pharaoh
28-12-2004, 10:13 PM
The Heroes of Might and Magic IV is good, but the battle field donīt stand very good, the movement of the monsters are strange :eeeeeh:

But for other side, he have more choices to the hero, like a RPG. Itīs cool :ok:

The Niles
28-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Do not bump two month old threads.

Titan
28-12-2004, 11:59 PM
*locking down*