PDA

View Full Version : Blood 3d Problems.

Nero
05-05-2006, 08:54 PM
I have downloaded Blood. But when i extract it ( with winrar and winace) I get corrupted files. Ive tryed a fews site and even this one. Any help? :)

Don Andy
05-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Strange, I just downloaded it to check and it works just fine (the extracting). Since this is a rather large file (in comparison to other abandonware games I mean) it could be possible that the download interrrupted leaving you with a partially downloaded.
Windows is telling the file is about 27,2 MB large.

So, you could either try different programs to extract it (like 7Zip or something like that) or you use a download manager, that let's you continue the download if it is interrupted (although I'm not sure if Abandonia is supporting this, but I think so).
Opera has that function built in. I'm not sure about Firefox, but it should have it, too. Can't tell you about any other browsers. If you're using IE, you shouldn't be on the internet anyway, it will eat you ;)

I unfortunately can't come up with any Downloadmanager right now, beside FlashGet, but I think it has a lot of ads and I can't remember the site. Try googling for a download manager.

Nero
05-05-2006, 10:16 PM
I am using Opera :)
It downloads fine. Ive tryed it on IE aswell to check. But it doesnt work. I dont know what i should try...

Don Andy
05-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Hmm, weird, I would suggest you try to reinstall WinRAR then.

I also have another idea, but I would need to contact you personally, like over PM. Problem is, you aren't registered XD

So if you have ICQ or something like that, lemme know.
Email is don_andy at gmx dot de if you don't wanna post it here (sorry for not writing it properly, but I'm getting enough spam already, don't want to take any risks ;) )

Oh, yeah, ICQ number should be in my profile, but here it is again 147056661. I think I might have a number of accounts for other IMs, too.

Nero
05-05-2006, 11:30 PM
I have added you on msn, And i have tryed re-installing Win-Rar and using Win Ace yet both come up with "CRC failed in Sounds.rff. File is corrupt". And some other random files. Ive tryed different file sites. About 9 now. But everyone has different file corruptions. And ive downloaded it successfully once on this site. But i deleted it because i downloaded so many updates to help like VDMSound etc. And it didnt work. But now i cant download it. It doesnt work on some DN2D files i download either... :(

JimmyJ
05-05-2006, 11:41 PM
You may have to use winzip (yes, it sucks) because some .zips that were made with a certain winzip version are made in a way that only winzip can open them :|

Nero
06-05-2006, 12:09 AM
I found that there is something wrong with my transfer all together. I cant even download winzip. im scanning for viruses. I think i might have caught somthing when i was looking for those VMD and VESA stuff.